Catholic Women's League
"Welcome, my new friend!"
We would like to extend a warm and open invitation to all our Catholic "sisters" to join with us in a journey filled with faith, fun and fulfilment!! Being part of the CWL is an amazing way to share your talents and grow in your faith with a group of magnificent women.
We always like to begin with some history about our Ministries. The Catholic Women's League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and was granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923. The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations (WUCWO), a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status with agencies of the United Nations.
The mission of the Catholic Women's League of Canada is to unite Catholic women and to call its members to holiness through service to God's people. A summary of the objectives of the League are:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic church.
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- to protect the sanctity of human life.
- to enhance the role of women in church and society.
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
If you would like more information about the Catholic Women's League of Canada, please visit the CWL websites at www.cwl.ca and www.cwl.on.ca.
Come on out to a meeting and experience the camraderie first hand. Simply contact our Parish Office at (807) 475-7489 for the date of the next CWL meeting and join in - we would love to have you as part of our team!